How To Homebrew Workshop - Beginner Session
**£99 Early Bird Price until 1st Feb**
Have you ever wanted to make your own real ales or craft beer at home but didn't know what to do or how to do it?
This practical course will give you all the information you need to brew, ferment and package great tasting beer confidently from your own kitchen using minimal equipment.
There will be a combination of both theory learning and practical demonstrations and you'll make a batch of beer together as a group under the instruction of an experienced brewer.
This course is hosted by Ampersand at their new brewery and taproom in Diss.
Limited spaces available (Max 8 per session)
This course will cover:
- A detailed breakdown of the brewing process
- A physical demonstration of the all-grain brewing process using the 'brew in a bag' (BIAB) method covering the mash, the boil, cooling and racking into a fermentor
- How to measure fermentable sugars using a hydrometer and how to calculate alcohol levels
- Fermentation guidance and expectations
- A physical demonstration on how to package a finished product into bottles covering sanitation, priming, capping and labelling.
Each person will receive a course pack containing the information from the day, guidance on how to source the items required to brew from home and practice recipes for when you start.
Refreshments and lunch will be provided.
All participants of this course will receive a 5% discount on all takeaway beer from Ampersand on the day.
Course Tutor: Lawrence is a Director of Twisted Hops craft beer shop. He has previously worked as a contract brewer designing and brewing beer for commercial sale.
Venue location: Ampersand Brew Co, 27-31 Sawmills Rd, Diss IP22 4GG
The venue has ample parking, disabled access and is a 5 minute walk from Diss train station
Time: 9.30am - 4.30pm